Telenav on iPhone: Known Issues & Temporary Fix for Customers Stuck on “Almost There” Screen
Hi everyone -
Kenji from Telenav here with some information for those of you who haven’t already received it.
Our team is aware that after the latest update to Telenav for the iPhone (GPS by Telenav & Telenav GPS Plus), some of our customers are running into the two following problems:
- Download freezes on the “Almost there” page
- Premium subscription may not be recognized AND customers may be prompted to purchase the premium subscription even if they have an existing one: PLEASE DO NOT PURCHASE AGAIN
We’re very sorry about any inconveniences this may cause and please be assured our team is doing everything to fix these problems.
Temporary Fix: Stuck on “Almost there” screen
For those of you who are currently running into the issue where your download freezes on the “Almost there” page, some customers have reported that doing a hard-close and restarting the app has helped.
To perform a “force kill” of our app, please follow these instructions:
**** PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR iPHONE’S WIFI IS OFF. To turn this off, go to the iPhone’s Settings Menu.
1. From your iPhone home screen, double tap the home button. A row of app icons will appear on the bottom of the screen.
2. Find & hard press (push & hold) the Telenav GPS app icon until it begins to “shake” and small red icon appears in the upper left hand corner of the app.
3. Tap the red icon on the Telenav GPS app icon. It should now disappear from the row of app icons.
4. Tap the home button twice to return to your iPhone home screen.
5. Find and relaunch Telenav GPS.
If this workaround does not fix the issue, Telenav iPhone customers experiencing this issue can take up this offer from our CEO: http://blog.telenav.com/blog/?p=2254
Once again, we’re very sorry for any inconveniences or problems our latest updates may have caused and please be assured we’re doing everything we can to fix it.
Please check back here often as we’ll be updating our blog with the latest information.
Kenji from Telenav